Delivery to the USA
Your wines are legally shipped to the United States through Côte d'Or Imports.
Delivery to private individuals for personal consumption
The 25% surcharge on French wines instituted in October 2019 is now abolished, let’s take advantage of it!
Given the extreme temperatures in some states and to avoid any damage to your wines, our transporter applies a special procedure during summer and is able to keep your wines in its thermoregulated storage in winter until the delivery conditions are optimal.
You can choose between two different delivery methods: by boat or by air.
Express delivery by air or marine thermoregulated
The shipping and insurance are collected by the Marché aux Vins during the payment of your order.
- Delivery: order verification and of the labelling compliance for exportation, export, customs, international express air shipping or international ocean freight, US customs clearance, duty and delivery door to door (excepting Alabama (AL)).
- Insurance: these fees cover breakage, loss and wine specific damage like seepage during transit. Please open your cases immediately upon delivery and contact us by e-mail with photos within 36 hours if you have any concerns. Your satisfaction is our number one priority.
- Taxes : excluding the state of Alabama (AL) (see Additional details and requirements for certain states), no additional tax is payable for the delivery of your order.
- Timing: from the pick-up of your order by the carrier, the delivery time is estimated to be 2 to 3 weeks for air express delivery and 8 to 10 weeks for sea delivery. Please note that the final delivery cannot be arranged until you reply to the carrier’s confirmation email.
- Protecting your wines : Côte d’Or Imports is a specialists in legally shipping wines; therefore, it will take every needed precaution to avoid any risk of damage during transit due to extreme weather conditions.
IMPORTANT: You will receive an email from Côte d’Or Imports when they have registered your order and a second one when your wines are ready to leave France.
If you do not hear from our carrier within 3 weeks of placing your order, please contact us to verify that your order has been registered and that we have a valid email address.
Please check your spam in case our emails from email@example.com did not make it to your inbox. The US team of the carrier can be reached at 503 469 8557 if you have any questions.
Additional details and requirements for certain states
Certain specificities apply to the following States:
- No deliveries
It is illegal under state laws to deliver wine to consumers in Kentucky (KY), Mississippi (MS) and Utah (UT). On the other hand, you can be delivered to a neighbouring state (family – friends).
- State tax
In Alabama, (AL) : wine must be delivered to a state store for an additional fee of approximately $4 per case of 6 or 12 bottles, of 3 or 6 magnums and per jéroboam. Under State law, you will pay that fee upon pick up from the state store. The carrier will contact you to determine the most convenient state store for delivery.
New Hampshire (NH) : charges a state tax of 8% of the total value of the wine for direct shipments to consumers. This is to be paid to the Marché aux Vins, includes in the shipping fees when you place your order.
- Additional fees for delivery
Hawaii (HI) : requires additional fees of 85 €/case of 6 or 12 bottles, of 3 or 6 magnums and per jéroboam.
Alaska (AK) : shipping is possible for additional fees of 35 €/case of 6 or 12 bottles, of 3 or 6 magnums and per jéroboam.
ATTENTION : delivery to Alaska in only from June 1st to September 30th. Orders received outside that window will be stored, free of charge in our US warehouse of Cote d’Or Imports until delivery is possible.
Wine, spirits and containers
Delivery of our complete range of wines, champagnes and spirits in different formats
IMPORTANT: A case of wine cannot mix bottles, magnums and / or jeroboams (3 L) – Different formats are not combined but calculated separately for billing and delivery. The shipping costs of the different containers are added together to reach at the shipping costs. The shipping costs of the different containers are added together to reach at the shipping costs. Incomplete wine cases are calculated and billed to the next highest unit count..
To optimize your shipping costs, you must order a multiple of 6 bottles and/or 3 magnums.
Delivery conditions of certain products
Mathusalems must be packaged alone on pallet and require a specific quote. It is not possible to order these items on the site of the Marché aux Vins. Please contact us for a quotation.
Wooden box delivery is not possible on the site of the Marché aux Vins. Please note that in the case of a special offer with the free wooden box, the wines will be delivered to you in reinforced export carton wine boxes.
Champagne’s delivery requires the establishment of a Certificate of Origin with an additional charge of €10 per order, regardless of the number of references ordered.